Ok, so I mentioned in an earlier post my newly aquired 416-8c's that I wanted to compare to the stock -8B's in my 1978 vintage 19's. I've always wanted to test this. This is no scientific test by any stretch of the imagination in fact it could very well be invalid do to my limited amp/source selection (no tubes, no vynil) and the fact that the HF drivers are still the Alnico 802-8G's. Just playing around having fun is more like it I suppose.
Some of my pics tht follow are nothing new to 19 owners, but might be useful to those new owners whom have not yet peeked inside the cabinets.
First pic shows the removed 416-8B and you can see the original internal wiring I've replaced because of the solder joints were extremely weak and near breaking. Also you can see my non-stock bases and that I re-routed the connection leads to the back of the cabinet.
![]()








Bookmarks